We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
Engineering Fitter Mechanic
Our waste handling facility, North West Recycling Ltd is currently seeking an Engineering Fitter Mechanic.
Purpose and Attributes:
To ensure continued efficient, cost effective, safe and environmentally considerate maintenance of the Waste Treatment fixed Plant and Mobile Plant through Service, Planned Preventative Maintenance and reactive work.
- Participate in building and maintaining a strong Health & Safety culture within the organisation and people
- Maintain the standards expected by the Company in all aspects of the business and operation
- Carry out servicing of the mobile plant fleet including Excavators, Loading Shovels and Telehandlers
- Carry out reactive repairs to Mobile Plant
- Carry out daily pre-start checks of waste production lines including shredders, screeners, conveyors, air separators and diesel generators
- Plan and carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Prioritise reactive work to ensure production continues
- Develop ways of measuring and improving process activities with continuous improvement
- Complete work permits, risk assessment and safe systems of work
- Work effectively and safely with members of operations and external contractors
- Mechanical Process knowledge
- Mobile Plant knowledge
- NVQ in Engineering Maintenance and Installation an advantage
- Planned Preventative Maintenance knowledge
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy
- Good organisational time management skills
- Good verbal and written skills – able to communicate at all levels
Recycling Charge Hand
The role involves working and supervising a small team of hand sorting operatives on a picking line within our waste handling facility, removing recyclable waste. General site litter picking duties and end of shift plant clean down duties. The waste encountered is commercial and industrial waste which is mostly from trade and household skips which does not include food wastes. This position is for a shift commencing from 2.15pm.
Mobile Plant Operatives
The role is operating several types of mobile plant which include Excavator with grab, Loading Shovels and Telehandlers for the safe and efficient running of the Waste Recycling Plant.
The candidate must hold current training certificates to enable them to operate mobile plant either through internal or external assessment.
Green Waste Ltd, our transport division, has C and C+E driving roles available on both skip and hook loader vehicles for immediate start. We operate an ongoing driver training and mentoring programme. Candidates must hold a valid Driver CPC and Digital Tachograph cards.